One pole barn, made by them is almost the cost of a house in Trenton/trenchtown.The Amish in general have WAY more money than most people will ever realize. Many of them are worth millions
One pole barn, made by them is almost the cost of a house in Trenton/trenchtown.The Amish in general have WAY more money than most people will ever realize. Many of them are worth millions
Weird - they are the cost effective go-to folks for pole barns here in MichiganOne pole barn, made by them is almost the cost of a house in Trenton/trenchtown.
Everybody love an Amish built barn. And those that build them make a killingWeird - they are the cost effective go-to folks for pole barns here in Michigan
When Chuck Norris eats, he gives the food nutrients.When Chuck Norris lifts weights, the weights get in shape.
Chuck Norris can cut a knife with butter.
When Chuck Norris eats, he gives the food nutrients.
Chuck Norris can unscramble a scrambled egg.
Or, a Ted Benson Timber Frame.
This was my bible for two summers living off grid on Martha's Vineyard in Chilmark, working for a great guy on his farm.
I eventually wound up building a small shed for my back yard, but would still love to build my own barn someday!
The barn we built became a horse farm and we utilized mostly refurb'd yellow pine beams that were reclaimed from RI.
They were shipped to us by barge, then snaked through the forest on a narrow dirt road to our site.
Good old days before the internet!
View attachment 19057
Sorry to hear about that. I'm glad you're ok and didn't get hurt.ok - the flex may have bit the dust tonight. Got hit by a black car with no headlights when I was pulling out of a parking lot - barely caught me on the back driver side. The back wheel is bent out a good bit so I'm afraid the axle is bent and a 2010 with 305k miles is easy to total.
So... suggestions on a replacement that is not too expensive? I'm still hopeful but I like to plan.
I like SUVs and would like an EV but am willing to look at everything. I drive about 70 miles a day in pretty fast heavy traffic so I don't really like being in a small car in that.
So sorry to hear thatok - the flex may have bit the dust tonight. Got hit by a black car with no headlights when I was pulling out of a parking lot - barely caught me on the back driver side. The back wheel is bent out a good bit so I'm afraid the axle is bent and a 2010 with 305k miles is easy to total.
So... suggestions on a replacement that is not too expensive? I'm still hopeful but I like to plan.
I like SUVs and would like an EV but am willing to look at everything. I drive about 70 miles a day in pretty fast heavy traffic so I don't really like being in a small car in that.
Wow - sorry that happened to you - glad you weren’t injured.ok - the flex may have bit the dust tonight. Got hit by a black car with no headlights when I was pulling out of a parking lot - barely caught me on the back driver side. The back wheel is bent out a good bit so I'm afraid the axle is bent and a 2010 with 305k miles is easy to total.
So... suggestions on a replacement that is not too expensive? I'm still hopeful but I like to plan.
I like SUVs and would like an EV but am willing to look at everything. I drive about 70 miles a day in pretty fast heavy traffic so I don't really like being in a small car in that.
Yeah that would be best I think. Hopefully would be either something not horribly expensive or something we can resell so it won’t wipe out the savings we have for the Scout.Wow - sorry that happened to you - glad you weren’t injured.
Are you thinking about a used Ev to get you through to 2028?
ok - the flex may have bit the dust tonight. Got hit by a black car with no headlights when I was pulling out of a parking lot - barely caught me on the back driver side. The back wheel is bent out a good bit so I'm afraid the axle is bent and a 2010 with 305k miles is easy to total.
So... suggestions on a replacement that is not too expensive? I'm still hopeful but I like to plan.
I like SUVs and would like an EV but am willing to look at everything. I drive about 70 miles a day in pretty fast heavy traffic so I don't really like being in a small car in that.
I am so sorry nolen. I am just glad you are okay.Yeah that would be best I think. Hopefully would be either something not horribly expensive or something we can resell so it won’t wipe out the savings we have for the Scout.
Thanks! Lots of good info there once I can sit and think again. I’m supposed to be on vacation with my parents and my sister and her family so it’s just a great time for it all.I hope you are alright after the impact.
The Chevy Bolt EUV is a smaller car, so that might be wrong for you, but it’s usually a great bargain because too many people think it’s ugly. And I really enjoy driving it in the city.
The Mustang Mach-E is a great car and it’s typically a pretty good bargain used. It’s on the lower side. One of the reasons my partner decided to go with the R2 is because of its taller stance.
I loved our Lightning and wish I could get it back. Because it was cancelled by Ford you may be able to get a decent used price, but you’ll be taking a chance on Ford supporting it long-term if you decide you want to keep it.
My partner liked the ID.4, but I felt it drove like a boat. You may have a different experience. It’s a fairly decently-priced used EV right now.
My partner loves the Rivian R2, but you’re unlikely to be able to find a used one.
There are some decently-priced used Rivian R1Ts out there, but you have to be careful about miles and watch out for branded titles.
I’ve heard okay things about the Honda Prologue, but don’t know much about it.
Similarly, I’ve heard decent things about the Chevy Blazer EV and Chevy Equinox EVs and the Cadillac Lyriq.
Kia/Hyundai have some great vehicles, but other than the EV9/Ioniq9, I’m struggling to think of one that seems like it wouldn’t feel small in heavy traffic.
Audi, BMW, Lexus, etc have mid-sized to full-sized SUV-like EVs, but I’m not as well-informed about those.
I have a spreadsheet set up to calculate the cost of the overage and see how it compares. But I do usually go about 20k miles a year which doesn’t fit the leases well.I am so sorry nolen. I am just glad you are okay.
Let us know what you end up with. Any desire to lease an EV or it won’t work because of your daily mileage?
I have a kid like that. He finally did learn to drive but only drives when. He absolutely has to.Thanks! Lots of good info there once I can sit and think again. I’m supposed to be on vacation with my parents and my sister and her family so it’s just a great time for it all.
Fortunately she hit us so far back and her car was so much smaller, we didn’t even get spun around completely. Just shoved the back end fully into the center turn lane and I could stop there. My son, who has never wanted to drive, is pretty shaken from it but is physically fine. I think he wants to drive even less now though. View attachment 19141View attachment 19142
Yeah. He had almost convinced himself to try for his license because almost every job lists having one as a requirement but now I’m not sure what he’ll do. Sucks all aroundI have a kid like that. He finally did learn to drive but only drives when. He absolutely has to.
It’s so odd to hear this. When I was growing up I couldn’t wait to start driving, and still like it. It’s a generational thing I guess.I have a kid like that. He finally did learn to drive but only drives when. He absolutely has to.
My son is 30 and wants to live in a big city and never have to have a car - he doesn’t want the responsibility or the stress of driving. My daughter is 21 and got her license the second she couldIt’s so odd to hear this. When I was growing up I couldn’t wait to start driving, and still like it. It’s a generational thing I guess.