Launch Edition

  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

    Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

    How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

    Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

    So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.


    We are Scout Motors.

Cost of launch edition

  • $60k to $65k

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • $65k to $70k

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • $70k to $75k

    Votes: 10 29.4%
  • $75k to $80k

    Votes: 12 35.3%
  • $80k and up

    Votes: 4 11.8%

  • Total voters
    34
Ford has a Ford Points program: with each vehicle you get something like 20,000 points. Those points can be used to buy accessories or maintenance. Another option would be a Scout Founders Points program whereby early reservation holders receive enough points with the purchase of the vehicle to spend in the shop.

However, that doesn’t mitigate the potentially high starting price.

The issue will be if Scout doesn’t sell and deliver enough vehicles in the first 3-18 months, it’s going to be considered a “failure” and selling more vehicles later will become even more difficult. IMO, starting with a high-priced version is the wrong way to go. My belief is that they would be better off building the volume first, accepting that the “losses” they incur for selling lower-priced vehicles are part of the investment in their higher-trim vehicles that will come out 18 months after the successful launch. IMO, Scout need a rock-solid launch with sales numbers in their first quarter at least as high as Rivian’s best quarter.
This is why I think a Launch edition should be a solid, non-base trim (but not premium). All necessary skid plates. At least a rear locker. Two to three choices of upper mid level interiors. Aero package in wheels and tires. Choice of glass or solid roof. Three to four distinct paint/striping schemes. I’m not conversant on software integration with the UX but at least robust navigation support.
 
This is why I think a Launch edition should be a solid, non-base trim (but not premium). All necessary skid plates. At least a rear locker. Two to three choices of upper mid level interiors. Aero package in wheels and tires. Choice of glass or solid roof. Three to four distinct paint/striping schemes. I’m not conversant on software integration with the UX but at least robust navigation support.
Hardware wise they should be about as reasonably equipped as the concepts, with some options. We cant change our batteries or suspension after the fact, but racks, bumpers, or boxes can be swapped or added later
 
Amish experience freedom to explore and use modern tech. And it’s farming related
IMG_8167.png
 
Typical launch additions are fairly loaded, with about the only features missing being ones that have not been figured out yet. Then honestly, those options often fail to ever materialize anyway. Not saying it is the best way to do things, but it is fairly consistent.

Take the Lightning. It's entire roll out would have been different if Ford had focused on getting the Pro models to contractors as well as fulfilling fleet sales without grossly ridiculous dealer markups. Ford shot themselves in the foot so badly with the rollout, that the Lightning never recovered from being viewed as a ridiculously overpriced vehicle.
---
So anyway, I would expect launch to have a good percentage of the factory features present - but honestly aftermarket will probably still need to develop a bit. A lot of aftermarket will not be made until their builders have Scouts on hand and after they believe that it is worth building for the platform (when actual vehicles are on the road rather than just refundable reservations). Just don't see things like ARB bumpers be a supplier park addition on the first vehicles leaving the factory.
 
Last edited:
Typical launch additions are fairly loaded, with about the only features missing being ones that have not been figured out yet. Then honestly, those options often fail to ever materialize anyway. Not saying it is the best way to do things, but it is fairly consistent.

Take the Lightning. It's entire roll out would have been different if Ford had focused on getting the Pro models to contractors as well as fulfilling fleet sales without grossly ridiculous dealer markups. Ford shot themselves in the foot so badly with the rollout, that the Lightning never recovered from being viewed as a ridiculously overpriced vehicle.
They also pushed the Pro SR more than the Pro ER. And they failed to sell the Pro to non-fleet buyers. If we’d had the option of a Pro, I know at least three other people in my small bubble who would have purchased one (they never purchased any Lightning). And their bubbles are larger when it comes to truck owners… The Lightnings of all trims would have sold far better if the Pro had been available in the volume people wanted it.


Trucked Up EVs has a long video about the ways in which Ford undermined themselves with the Lightning.

 
So at the risk of over sharing I did hear there will be more than one color for the launch-so not a single color only so that a good color doesn’t get shelved for good. So it had me thinking. Since I don’t think the cool interior roof fabrics will make it to production (even at the reveal there was hesitation) I think that should be the one off feature that is added to just the first round launch vehicles. Something unique and one off that makes launch unique but doesn’t really impact anyone else down the line. Something unique far we’ve seen the tone on tone gray fruit stripe gum (awesome) and the new houndstooth (classy and rich) but maybe a lighter tone on tone earth plaid ceiling would be excellent and would still look good with the new leather and gray wool interior of the mountainside concept. Prettiest interior I think I’ve ever seen on a vehicle. Granted I’ve never seen any hyper exotic cars so maybe there are others but if that interior is offered I’d look forward to driving to work everyday 😀
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: maynard and nolen
So at the risk of overheating I did hear there will be more than one color for the launch-so not a single color only so that a good color doesn’t get shelved for good. So it had me thinking. Since I don’t think the cool interior roof fabrics will make it to production (even at the reveal there was hesitation) I think that should be the one off feature that is added to just the first round launch vehicles. Something unique and one off that makes launch unique but doesn’t really impact anyone else down the line. Something unique far we’ve seen the tone on tone gray fruit stripe gum (awesome) and the new houndstooth (classy and rich) but maybe a lighter tone on tone earth plaid ceiling would be excellent and would still look good with the new leather and gray wool interior of the mountainside concept. Prettiest interior I think I’ve ever seen on a vehicle. Granted I’ve never seen any hyper exotic cars so maybe there are others but if that interior is offered I’d look forward to driving to work everyday 😀
I think something like one of these on the ceiling would be a cool look in a lighter color but just spitballing-the CMF team is doing a great job.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1527.png
    IMG_1527.png
    3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1528.png
    IMG_1528.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1529.png
    IMG_1529.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
  • Like
Reactions: maynard
So at the risk of overheating I did hear there will be more than one color for the launch-so not a single color only so that a good color doesn’t get shelved for good. So it had me thinking. Since I don’t think the cool interior roof fabrics will make it to production (even at the reveal there was hesitation) I think that should be the one off feature that is added to just the first round launch vehicles. Something unique and one off that makes launch unique but doesn’t really impact anyone else down the line. Something unique far we’ve seen the tone on tone gray fruit stripe gum (awesome) and the new houndstooth (classy and rich) but maybe a lighter tone on tone earth plaid ceiling would be excellent and would still look good with the new leather and gray wool interior of the mountainside concept. Prettiest interior I think I’ve ever seen on a vehicle. Granted I’ve never seen any hyper exotic cars so maybe there are others but if that interior is offered I’d look forward to driving to work everyday 😀
That's great news! I think offering more than one color at launch is a great idea! I think it will help them sell more trucks right away. Also, with the different color concepts they've shown, I think it would be hard for them to offer, say gray, and then be like "Those cool colors you saw? Either we're not going to make them or it'll be years before you can get them."
 
  • Like
Reactions: J Alynn
I think something like one of these on the ceiling would be a cool look in a lighter color but just spitballing-the CMF team is doing a great job.
I know you're sworn to secrecy on some things, but was there any word about whether they'd offer more than one interior color or design at launch? They've shown all these cool interiors (all of which I LOVE and would be fine with any of them) but don't really want just a black leather interior. The interior is really a selling feature for me (team brick red/denim!).
 
  • Like
Reactions: speedrye