Launch Edition

  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

    Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

    How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

    Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

    So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.


    We are Scout Motors.

Cost of launch edition

  • $60k to $65k

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • $65k to $70k

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • $70k to $75k

    Votes: 10 29.4%
  • $75k to $80k

    Votes: 12 35.3%
  • $80k and up

    Votes: 4 11.8%

  • Total voters
    34
I know you're sworn to secrecy on some things, but was there any word about whether they'd offer more than one interior color or design at launch? They've shown all these cool interiors (all of which I LOVE and would be fine with any of them) but don't really want just a black leather interior. The interior is really a selling feature for me (team brick red/denim!).
Based on the conversations they know. It really sounds like the design team is going to bat for all of us so we aren’t disappointed at launch.
 
The key here for the Scout Team will be CONVERSION of reservations to orders. Some of the interiors shown have had some "unique" materials or colors or patterns - some of which honestly were nice in isolation, but sometimes appear to clash a bit with the rest of the truck or with the color of the seats or the rest of the interior. The "testing" of these different interiors is great, and I'm excited to see all of the options.

Personally, I prefer a bit more understated interior - one that is classy for a truck, but also easy to clean when needed, and doesn't distract away from the driving experience in the cab. I not a fan of blingy interiors, or unnecessary finishes in high touch areas (for example).

I think Scout will be best served to drive more conversions out of the gate by offering a few different interior options (so that is likely to happen), but sticking to the principle of K.I.S.S. will be smart (and something I am hoping for). Utilizing materials or fabrics that may not have been fully tested or somehow proven in other applications likely won't make the cut. For reference, Rivian offered three different interior options with the R1 launch editions, and I think you could choose the wood grain finish you wanted to compliment the color pallette.

Everybody has different tastes of course, and down the line I could see Scout offering more customization or configuration options, but these trucks aren't Porsches, price point is important and they will likely stand to boost margins by keeping things simple and driving more efficiency off the assembly line too.

I guess "refined yet rugged" is what I am hoping to see out of at least one of the interior choices - something very practical in nature. I really like the "brick' or clay colored seating, although I would love to see what that looks like if the entire seat was that color and not 2-toned. I need to get used to the 2-tone with clay and gray together.
 
The key here for the Scout Team will be CONVERSION of reservations to orders. Some of the interiors shown have had some "unique" materials or colors or patterns - some of which honestly were nice in isolation, but sometimes appear to clash a bit with the rest of the truck or with the color of the seats or the rest of the interior. The "testing" of these different interiors is great, and I'm excited to see all of the options.

Personally, I prefer a bit more understated interior - one that is classy for a truck, but also easy to clean when needed, and doesn't distract away from the driving experience in the cab. I not a fan of blingy interiors, or unnecessary finishes in high touch areas (for example).

I think Scout will be best served to drive more conversions out of the gate by offering a few different interior options (so that is likely to happen), but sticking to the principle of K.I.S.S. will be smart (and something I am hoping for). Utilizing materials or fabrics that may not have been fully tested or somehow proven in other applications likely won't make the cut. For reference, Rivian offered three different interior options with the R1 launch editions, and I think you could choose the wood grain finish you wanted to compliment the color pallette.

Everybody has different tastes of course, and down the line I could see Scout offering more customization or configuration options, but these trucks aren't Porsches, price point is important and they will likely stand to boost margins by keeping things simple and driving more efficiency off the assembly line too.

I guess "refined yet rugged" is what I am hoping to see out of at least one of the interior choices - something very practical in nature. I really like the "brick' or clay colored seating, although I would love to see what that looks like if the entire seat was that color and not 2-toned. I need to get used to the 2-tone with clay and gray together.
Everyone is so different. At the moment clay and grey together is my favorite. I hope we get to keep the two tone steering wheel. To me that is very unique and I would hope that would stay.
 
The key here for the Scout Team will be CONVERSION of reservations to orders. Some of the interiors shown have had some "unique" materials or colors or patterns - some of which honestly were nice in isolation, but sometimes appear to clash a bit with the rest of the truck or with the color of the seats or the rest of the interior. The "testing" of these different interiors is great, and I'm excited to see all of the options.

Personally, I prefer a bit more understated interior - one that is classy for a truck, but also easy to clean when needed, and doesn't distract away from the driving experience in the cab. I not a fan of blingy interiors, or unnecessary finishes in high touch areas (for example).

I think Scout will be best served to drive more conversions out of the gate by offering a few different interior options (so that is likely to happen), but sticking to the principle of K.I.S.S. will be smart (and something I am hoping for). Utilizing materials or fabrics that may not have been fully tested or somehow proven in other applications likely won't make the cut. For reference, Rivian offered three different interior options with the R1 launch editions, and I think you could choose the wood grain finish you wanted to compliment the color pallette.

Everybody has different tastes of course, and down the line I could see Scout offering more customization or configuration options, but these trucks aren't Porsches, price point is important and they will likely stand to boost margins by keeping things simple and driving more efficiency off the assembly line too.

I guess "refined yet rugged" is what I am hoping to see out of at least one of the interior choices - something very practical in nature. I really like the "brick' or clay colored seating, although I would love to see what that looks like if the entire seat was that color and not 2-toned. I need to get used to the 2-tone with clay and gray together.
Well stated. I've struggled with the gray/clay combo as well. I like the clay, but in most pictures, the gray looks like there's blue in it and clashes with the warmth of the clay. Give me a warm, dark brown/gray color and I'd be good. The pictures from the bench seat thread don't show that blue tone to the gray and looks a lot better, so I'm thinking that's more true-to-life than most of what we've seen.

I'm also torn on doing orange exterior and the clay interior since that's a lot of orange. With the orange exterior, I'd probably lean towards the warm tones from the Mountainside theme, though again, that fabric looks too blue to me. I definitely lean towards a rugged interior though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: R1TVT
I know you're sworn to secrecy on some things, but was there any word about whether they'd offer more than one interior color or design at launch? They've shown all these cool interiors (all of which I LOVE and would be fine with any of them) but don't really want just a black leather interior. The interior is really a selling feature for me (team brick red/denim!).
Nothing to that was said to me. It was said that they are fighting hard for the dual materials and maybe leather will be in the premium builds but similar looks with synthetics/pleather are still being reviewed for mid level and below but that was extent to what I heard. The good news I took from that is the seats will still look cool and hopefully be dual materials, just maybe not your finest grey poupon materials.
 
Well stated. I've struggled with the gray/clay combo as well. I like the clay, but in most pictures, the gray looks like there's blue in it and clashes with the warmth of the clay. Give me a warm, dark brown/gray color and I'd be good. The pictures from the bench seat thread don't show that blue tone to the gray and looks a lot better, so I'm thinking that's more true-to-life than most of what we've seen.

I'm also torn on doing orange exterior and the clay interior since that's a lot of orange. With the orange exterior, I'd probably lean towards the warm tones from the Mountainside theme, though again, that fabric looks too blue to me. I definitely lean towards a rugged interior though.
I deal with color in my work role and promise you I. The new mountainside interior-it doesn’t come off blue at all, it is like a flannel gray. Now the trail ready with the brick Lester and denim-that denim is like 85-90% charcoal black with some dark blue but also reads more gray than blue in person
 
Last edited:
The key here for the Scout Team will be CONVERSION of reservations to orders. Some of the interiors shown have had some "unique" materials or colors or patterns - some of which honestly were nice in isolation, but sometimes appear to clash a bit with the rest of the truck or with the color of the seats or the rest of the interior. The "testing" of these different interiors is great, and I'm excited to see all of the options.

Personally, I prefer a bit more understated interior - one that is classy for a truck, but also easy to clean when needed, and doesn't distract away from the driving experience in the cab. I not a fan of blingy interiors, or unnecessary finishes in high touch areas (for example).

I think Scout will be best served to drive more conversions out of the gate by offering a few different interior options (so that is likely to happen), but sticking to the principle of K.I.S.S. will be smart (and something I am hoping for). Utilizing materials or fabrics that may not have been fully tested or somehow proven in other applications likely won't make the cut. For reference, Rivian offered three different interior options with the R1 launch editions, and I think you could choose the wood grain finish you wanted to compliment the color pallette.

Everybody has different tastes of course, and down the line I could see Scout offering more customization or configuration options, but these trucks aren't Porsches, price point is important and they will likely stand to boost margins by keeping things simple and driving more efficiency off the assembly line too.

I guess "refined yet rugged" is what I am hoping to see out of at least one of the interior choices - something very practical in nature. I really like the "brick' or clay colored seating, although I would love to see what that looks like if the entire seat was that color and not 2-toned. I need to get used to the 2-tone with clay and gray together.
To expand on concerns-the new mountainside interior isn’t clay. It is more of a taupe/mushroom tone, still some clay undertone but up close the leather color and gray have similar tones so it works well in person. If you don’t like it, you don’t-but dont think of the leather as clay. Maybe pale tobacco would be a better description and more suited to farming themes. The reveal color was clay by comparison
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1410.jpeg
    IMG_1410.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1409.jpeg
    IMG_1409.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2502.jpeg
    IMG_2502.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
To expand on concerns-the new mountainside interior isn’t clay. It is more of a taupe/mushroom tone, still some clay undertone but up close the leather color and gray have similar tones so it works well in person. If you don’t like it, you don’t-but dont think of the leather as clay. Maybe pale tobacco would be a better description and more suited to farming themes. The reveal color was clay by comparison
Uh Gawd. I think I screwed up!

I'm not interested in that mountainside interior... Its the Red / Brick or whatever its called that I was referring to above. That maroonish / brick color should hide the dirt and is dark but not too dark, and looks refined. I'm just not sure how that 2-toned color combo works for me yet, which is why I was thinking a version that was not 2-toned (just straight brick) might be the ticket.

This is by far my favorite interior I think:

Screenshot 2026-09-29 at 12.17.38 PM.png
 
Uh Gawd. I think I screwed up!

I'm not interested in that mountainside interior... Its the Red / Brick or whatever its called that I was referring to above. That maroonish / brick color should hide the dirt and is dark but not too dark, and looks refined. I'm just not sure how that 2-toned color combo works for me yet, which is why I was thinking a version that was not 2-toned (just straight brick) might be the ticket.

This is by far my favorite interior I think:

View attachment 18845
Mine too. Though at this point, with all gray or black interiors I've had, I'll take almost any non-black color!