R2 Launch Watch

  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

    Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

    How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

    Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

    So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.


    We are Scout Motors.
They have made this changed based on all the Youtubers who have reviewed the vehicle and in true Youtube car review fashion they all say the exact same thing. This was a bad move from Rivian IMO because so many of these reviewers aren't going to even own the vehicle. The other Rivian owners on here can give their own opinion but the cool seats in my R1 are subpar at best and on a hot day you can only feel the bottom actually cooling. I would love to hear @SpaceEVDriver opinion on this.

I remember when I test drove the R2 on a hot day over the summer the first thing I did was turn on the cool seats and I had to turn them off because it got too cold. This is exactly what I would want after a hike, day at the ball fields or heck even just coming back out from shopping in Costco in our 90 plus degree days we have here in GA.

It's crazy to me that they would make this change so quick without letting a good sampling of consumers to give actual feedback instead of listening to people who will drive the car for a couple of days to a week at most. I mean it's not like it was a one speed constant thing it was when the cool seats were at full chat. If it's too loud turn it down!

I'll say it again, this was a bad move on Rivian's part. I really hope Scout doesn't do something like this, and instead listens to their actual customers for feedback before making such a big change.
I can chime in in my experience with my R1 Gen 2. The cooling seats are terrible in mine, front and back. I don't even use them because I really don't feel a difference. Heated seats and steering wheel are great, but in mine, cooling seats not so much.
 
They have made this changed based on all the Youtubers who have reviewed the vehicle and in true Youtube car review fashion they all say the exact same thing. This was a bad move from Rivian IMO because so many of these reviewers aren't going to even own the vehicle. The other Rivian owners on here can give their own opinion but the cool seats in my R1 are subpar at best and on a hot day you can only feel the bottom actually cooling. I would love to hear @SpaceEVDriver opinion on this.

I remember when I test drove the R2 on a hot day over the summer the first thing I did was turn on the cool seats and I had to turn them off because it got too cold. This is exactly what I would want after a hike, day at the ball fields or heck even just coming back out from shopping in Costco in our 90 plus degree days we have here in GA.

It's crazy to me that they would make this change so quick without letting a good sampling of consumers to give actual feedback instead of listening to people who will drive the car for a couple of days to a week at most. I mean it's not like it was a one speed constant thing it was when the cool seats were at full chat. If it's too loud turn it down!

I'll say it again, this was a bad move on Rivian's part. I really hope Scout doesn't do something like this, and instead listens to their actual customers for feedback before making such a big change.
We have a VIN in the 07xxx range.

I haven't had an issue with the cooling fans in the R2. But all of the vehicles with cooling seats I've driven have noisy fans in the seats, so I may just be used to it.

I do think Rivian under-sized all of their fans in the R2. Small fans have to spin faster to move the same volume of air as a larger fan, and so they make more noise than a larger fan. The R2 has noisy fans everywhere.

In hot climates, with any sort of non-cloth seat, cooling seats with fans in both the seat and the back are a huge bonus. I don't know if it would change my decision to purchase a vehicle, but if I were comparing two vehicles and this was one of the few differences, I would probably choose the one with the cooling seats.
 
There are almost 20 pages of people discussing the removal of the fans from the seat backs. Most aren’t necessarily upset about the fan removal, but about the fact that there wasn’t a public announcement about the removal and people were learning about it by noticing it is missing from their vehicle (now also from social media).

I think this is a good lesson for Scout Motors: be upfront about changes to the vehicle.
 
I think this is a good lesson for Scout Motors: be upfront about changes to the vehicle.
Agreed! Particularly if it is a feature you were expecting as part of a particular service offering or trim package.

This falls into the overpromise, then under-deliver category based on what I am hearing here.
 
They have made this changed based on all the Youtubers who have reviewed the vehicle and in true Youtube car review fashion they all say the exact same thing. This was a bad move from Rivian IMO because so many of these reviewers aren't going to even own the vehicle. The other Rivian owners on here can give their own opinion but the cool seats in my R1 are subpar at best and on a hot day you can only feel the bottom actually cooling. I would love to hear @SpaceEVDriver opinion on this.

I remember when I test drove the R2 on a hot day over the summer the first thing I did was turn on the cool seats and I had to turn them off because it got too cold. This is exactly what I would want after a hike, day at the ball fields or heck even just coming back out from shopping in Costco in our 90 plus degree days we have here in GA.

It's crazy to me that they would make this change so quick without letting a good sampling of consumers to give actual feedback instead of listening to people who will drive the car for a couple of days to a week at most. I mean it's not like it was a one speed constant thing it was when the cool seats were at full chat. If it's too loud turn it down!

I'll say it again, this was a bad move on Rivian's part. I really hope Scout doesn't do something like this, and instead listens to their actual customers for feedback before making such a big change.
Cooled seats are another novelty you don’t think you need until you’ve had them-they are amazing. I like them for job site visits when it’s hot out. Shame they pulled them so quickly because the lower back is almost more valuable
 
From the ad.
1791493616554.png
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: cyure and maynard
I know it’s silly but I love it!
I'm down for fun updates and I'm definitely down for a more customizable gauge setup. The ID Tiguan (aka major overhaul of ID4) debuts tomorrow and one of the things they previewed today are [digital] gauges straight out of a MK4 Golf/Jetta and B5 Passat. It will of course also have a regular modern cluster but as the former owner of a B5 Passat, I'd be rocking this nonstop.
1791494778532.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: cyure