CYURE GOES TO NC!! 9/26/26

  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

    Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

    How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

    Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

    So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.


    We are Scout Motors.
I’m so glad they didn’t do a round headlight. This is so distinctive, in a good way.

DSC02413.jpeg
DSC02407.jpeg
 
When I started this journey I was 100% glass roof. Then I saw the cabana roof in person and though hmmm. Maybe.

Now that I have seen them together I’m 95% cabana. My plan is in the next few weeks to find a Wrangler with their one touch roof that opens as it’s the closest vehicle with that type of roof and take it for a test drive.

Mountainside with glass roof.

DSC02304.jpeg
DSC02309.jpeg


Trail-Ready with cabana roof

DSC02437.jpeg
DSC02438.jpeg
 
When I started this journey I was 100% glass roof. Then I saw the cabana roof in person and though hmmm. Maybe.

Now that I have seen them together I’m 95% cabana. My plan is in the next few weeks to find a Wrangler with their one touch roof that opens as it’s the closest vehicle with that type of roof and take it for a test drive.

Mountainside with glass roof.

View attachment 18881View attachment 18882

Trail-Ready with cabana roof

View attachment 18883View attachment 18884
Just rode in a Willys with the one touch. Can't say I thought it was anything special. We did get up to hwy speed and I didn't notice a huge difference. Of course, there is a lot of road noise with that vehicle. Can't say I was that impressed with it, especially when the rear doors had no control over the windows!
My primary worry is anything I want is going to increase the price right out of my ability to justify it.
 
Just rode in a Willys with the one touch. Can't say I thought it was anything special. We did get up to hwy speed and I didn't notice a huge difference. Of course, there is a lot of road noise with that vehicle. Can't say I was that impressed with it, especially when the rear doors had no control over the windows!
My primary worry is anything I want is going to increase the price right out of my ability to justify it.
This is why I am glad we have choices. I can’t do a solid roof. Feel like I’m in a cave.

The Jeep Recon has that roof as an option and they are charging $1995. I would pay that for that roof option.
 
Of all the options on the Scout so far, the one I can't nail down a decision is the roof. I may have to wait to test drive before making a final decision. I currently have a retractable moon roof with manual shade. I rarely use it and the shade is pulled shut 95% of the time mostly due to the heat. Occasionally I retract it in the Fall or Spring, but the mild weather seems short lived. I like the panoramic glass roof on the Scout as it really adds to the roominess and openness. I like the canopy top idea too. I am concerned with the added noise especially in a quiet EV. And the durability of the canopy would be a concern over time. I like that we have choices too. This one is just a hard choice.
 
Of all the options on the Scout so far, the one I can't nail down a decision is the roof. I may have to wait to test drive before making a final decision. I currently have a retractable moon roof with manual shade. I rarely use it and the shade is pulled shut 95% of the time mostly due to the heat. Occasionally I retract it in the Fall or Spring, but the mild weather seems short lived. I like the panoramic glass roof on the Scout as it really adds to the roominess and openness. I like the canopy top idea too. I am concerned with the added noise especially in a quiet EV. And the durability of the canopy would be a concern over time. I like that we have choices too. This one is just a hard choice.
It’s so hard to decide without seeing them. I wasn’t sure about bench or console seats and once I saw them both I was able to make my decision, console.

Then with the roof I just needed to see them.

I have a bunch of Mountainside pictures to post in the next couple days. Lots actually. Anyway, this sounds weird when I say it but I hope it makes sense. Mountainside is gorgeous, but she’s too pretty for me. I was a BMW girl for many, many years. My husband bought the Wrangler for himself and I took her over slowly and then once we moved to Illinois she was mine. I love the ruggedness and the confidence the Wrangler gives me in bad weather and driving over terrible roads or potholes.

The glass roof is beautiful, but I want rugged! To me the cabana roof just completes the “look and feel” of my preferred build.
 
When I started this journey I was 100% glass roof. Then I saw the cabana roof in person and though hmmm. Maybe.

Now that I have seen them together I’m 95% cabana. My plan is in the next few weeks to find a Wrangler with their one touch roof that opens as it’s the closest vehicle with that type of roof and take it for a test drive.

Mountainside with glass roof.

View attachment 18881View attachment 18882

Trail-Ready with cabana roof

View attachment 18883View attachment 18884
While I am 100% team cabana I do like how the glass roof goes beyond the rear seat position and really provides the back passengers with a open "roofless" experience. Whereas the front leading edge of the cabana roof is directly over the rear passengers head. But I agree with your cyure, I want to ride in a Wrangler with a similar designed roof and see what its like. Preferably the 4Xe to drive in electric only to get a true like for like experience.
 
While I am 100% team cabana I do like how the glass roof goes beyond the rear seat position and really provides the back passengers with a open "roofless" experience. Whereas the front leading edge of the cabana roof is directly over the rear passengers head. But I agree with your cyure, I want to ride in a Wrangler with a similar designed roof and see what its like. Preferably the 4Xe to drive in electric only to get a true like for like experience.
I tried that and the battery wasn’t charged so I couldn’t do it. I have a salesperson at our local Jeep dealer that’s supposed to call me when a Recon comes in with that feature so I can drive it.
 
I really wonder what the rear end will look like? Why the indentation on the one but not the other? Why do the Terra and Traveler w/o the tire rack look different?

(all photo credit goes to CYURE! - Snipping credit goes to me :) )
1790781309670.png
1790781354125.png
1790781584771.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard and Airon
When I started this journey I was 100% glass roof. Then I saw the cabana roof in person and though hmmm. Maybe.

Now that I have seen them together I’m 95% cabana. My plan is in the next few weeks to find a Wrangler with their one touch roof that opens as it’s the closest vehicle with that type of roof and take it for a test drive.
Lighting makes it look blue. That was such a weird space only as lighting is concerned
Mountainside with glass roof.

View attachment 18881View attachment 18882

Trail-Ready with cabana roof

View attachment 18883View attachment 18884
 
Also putting this out there for the design team, a cabana roof with a light colored headliner like Mountainside or the Silo Terra would be ideal.

Just saying, @aileen.barraza. ☺️
Will 100% second this. With cabana-when closed is very dark, having a lighter colored headliner will help brighten the cabin
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard