I’m so glad they didn’t do a round headlight. This is so distinctive, in a good way.
Were there any for Engineers?Inside the display building there was a wall of postcards with job opportunities. Each job opportunity had a different Scout picture and a QR code on the back.
View attachment 18801
We didn’t grab them all. There could have been, I just don’t remember.Were there any for Engineers?![]()
Yes. Every facet was hitting. You can also find all opening on the website under jobs/employment-forget what they call it but has full job description/ location/salary/perks-very transparentWere there any for Engineers?![]()
Just rode in a Willys with the one touch. Can't say I thought it was anything special. We did get up to hwy speed and I didn't notice a huge difference. Of course, there is a lot of road noise with that vehicle. Can't say I was that impressed with it, especially when the rear doors had no control over the windows!When I started this journey I was 100% glass roof. Then I saw the cabana roof in person and though hmmm. Maybe.
Now that I have seen them together I’m 95% cabana. My plan is in the next few weeks to find a Wrangler with their one touch roof that opens as it’s the closest vehicle with that type of roof and take it for a test drive.
Mountainside with glass roof.
View attachment 18881View attachment 18882
Trail-Ready with cabana roof
View attachment 18883View attachment 18884
This is why I am glad we have choices. I can’t do a solid roof. Feel like I’m in a cave.Just rode in a Willys with the one touch. Can't say I thought it was anything special. We did get up to hwy speed and I didn't notice a huge difference. Of course, there is a lot of road noise with that vehicle. Can't say I was that impressed with it, especially when the rear doors had no control over the windows!
My primary worry is anything I want is going to increase the price right out of my ability to justify it.
But it's a BIG cave!This is why I am glad we have choices. I can’t do a solid roof. Feel like I’m in a cave.
The Jeep Recon has that roof as an option and they are charging $1995. I would pay that for that roof option.
It’s so hard to decide without seeing them. I wasn’t sure about bench or console seats and once I saw them both I was able to make my decision, console.Of all the options on the Scout so far, the one I can't nail down a decision is the roof. I may have to wait to test drive before making a final decision. I currently have a retractable moon roof with manual shade. I rarely use it and the shade is pulled shut 95% of the time mostly due to the heat. Occasionally I retract it in the Fall or Spring, but the mild weather seems short lived. I like the panoramic glass roof on the Scout as it really adds to the roominess and openness. I like the canopy top idea too. I am concerned with the added noise especially in a quiet EV. And the durability of the canopy would be a concern over time. I like that we have choices too. This one is just a hard choice.
While I am 100% team cabana I do like how the glass roof goes beyond the rear seat position and really provides the back passengers with a open "roofless" experience. Whereas the front leading edge of the cabana roof is directly over the rear passengers head. But I agree with your cyure, I want to ride in a Wrangler with a similar designed roof and see what its like. Preferably the 4Xe to drive in electric only to get a true like for like experience.When I started this journey I was 100% glass roof. Then I saw the cabana roof in person and though hmmm. Maybe.
Now that I have seen them together I’m 95% cabana. My plan is in the next few weeks to find a Wrangler with their one touch roof that opens as it’s the closest vehicle with that type of roof and take it for a test drive.
Mountainside with glass roof.
View attachment 18881View attachment 18882
Trail-Ready with cabana roof
View attachment 18883View attachment 18884
I tried that and the battery wasn’t charged so I couldn’t do it. I have a salesperson at our local Jeep dealer that’s supposed to call me when a Recon comes in with that feature so I can drive it.While I am 100% team cabana I do like how the glass roof goes beyond the rear seat position and really provides the back passengers with a open "roofless" experience. Whereas the front leading edge of the cabana roof is directly over the rear passengers head. But I agree with your cyure, I want to ride in a Wrangler with a similar designed roof and see what its like. Preferably the 4Xe to drive in electric only to get a true like for like experience.
When I started this journey I was 100% glass roof. Then I saw the cabana roof in person and though hmmm. Maybe.
Now that I have seen them together I’m 95% cabana. My plan is in the next few weeks to find a Wrangler with their one touch roof that opens as it’s the closest vehicle with that type of roof and take it for a test drive.
Lighting makes it look blue. That was such a weird space only as lighting is concerned
Mountainside with glass roof.
View attachment 18881View attachment 18882
Trail-Ready with cabana roof
View attachment 18883View attachment 18884
Will 100% second this. With cabana-when closed is very dark, having a lighter colored headliner will help brighten the cabinAlso putting this out there for the design team, a cabana roof with a light colored headliner like Mountainside or the Silo Terra would be ideal.
Just saying, @aileen.barraza.![]()
Probably just to give them each a bit more unique personalityI really wonder what the rear end will look like? Why the indentation on the one but not the other? Why do the Terra and Traveler w/o the tire rack look different?
(all photo credit goes to CYURE! - Snipping credit goes to me)
View attachment 18888View attachment 18889View attachment 18890