Extra, Extra....Read All About It!

  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

    Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

    How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

    Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

    So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.


    We are Scout Motors.
HAHAHA! I actually installed an L2 charger at the lake in my father-in-law's shop (what we call a massive 60x40 garage up here)!!! The problem is the route between the lake and home (Twin Cities). Once you're about 2 hours out (just far enough that if you stop too early, you still won't make it) there's legitimately nothing but one-bar towns (that's what I call really small towns around here) and dense Northwoods. Cell service doesn't even work half the way. There is one charger about half way there, but it's about 30 minutes out of the way.

It'll take a long time for those remote areas to fill in. What I truly don't understand is why those gas stations in Nowhereville USA that are on the way to a tourist location don't just throw chargers in. It's no cost to them. Ionna or Chargpoint will install them. Maybe they won't make much or any money off of them, but I'll sure buy some snacks or whatever when I'm charging.
So it sounds like you are an EREV reservation holder :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard
4.5hrs - unless there is a hard ice storm, 350 mile range should make that in one charge. (60mph x 4.5 = 270 miles). Pay them to put in an RV outlet and carry a level 2 charger with you. I have about the same trip to our vacation rental. The only challenge for that is sometimes I have to do turn around trips - but there are 2 major (and numerous minor) fast charge stations in route that I already stop at each trip for bathroom breaks and snacks. When I take my LJ, I am already needing to get gas at them as well (tiny tank and terrible mileage).
I thought the same but in real life, that's not how it works for me. At least for my trip. I get 330 miles at 100% charge. But I was surprised at how much ambient issues over which you have no control (traffic, wind, temp, elevation, weight of the luggage, ac/heat) really cheat you out of miles. My in-law's lake cabin is 236 miles away and I cannot make it on a single charge (my R1T is only two years old). In fairness, about half the time I'm going 78 MPH and the rest of the time I'm going 70 MPH.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard
I thought the same but in real life, that's not how it works for me. At least for my trip. I get 330 miles at 100% charge. But I was surprised at how much ambient issues over which you have no control (traffic, wind, temp, elevation, weight of the luggage, ac/heat) really cheat you out of miles. My in-law's lake cabin is 236 miles away and I cannot make it on a single charge (my R1T is only two years old). In fairness, about half the time I'm going 78 MPH and the rest of the time I'm going 70 MPH.
What wheels and tires are you running?
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard
Ghostbusters!

My son LOVES these updates. He always asks me when the next one is coming out. We're supposed to get it Friday and I'm happy to report back with the other Rivian owners (I know there are more than few on here) if there's a desire here. The only problem is sometimes we don't get these updates with enough time and run out after only a couple of weeks because the holiday is gone. This year is better as they're giving us almost a month.

Rivian also did a holiday themed update a couple of years ago where you could set "Jingle Bells" as you lock sound. Personally, I would like to see Scout do this too, but lean into their roots with it. I like the idea of July 4, but I don't necessarily need a holiday. Give us some cool farm sounds, or animal locking noises or whatever once a year. I cannot tell you how many comments I get about my Owl Hoot lock sound. People love it.
 
My son LOVES these updates. He always asks me when the next one is coming out. We're supposed to get it Friday and I'm happy to report back with the other Rivian owners (I know there are more than few on here) if there's a desire here. The only problem is sometimes we don't get these updates with enough time and run out after only a couple of weeks because the holiday is gone. This year is better as they're giving us almost a month.

Rivian also did a holiday themed update a couple of years ago where you could set "Jingle Bells" as you lock sound. Personally, I would like to see Scout do this too, but lean into their roots with it. I like the idea of July 4, but I don't necessarily need a holiday. Give us some cool farm sounds, or animal locking noises or whatever once a year. I cannot tell you how many comments I get about my Owl Hoot lock sound. People love it.
Yes please! We need a report from the Rivian owners what your vehicles do on Friday.

I love the owl hoot on the Rivian. With the farm roots of Scout maybe ours can moo like a cow or cluck like a chicken? 😹
 
The Barbers!!!

IMG_0596.png