Extra, Extra....Read All About It!

  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

    Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

    How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

    Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

    So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.


    We are Scout Motors.
For those of you who just can't wait for your reservation...

https://the-gadgeteer.com/2026/09/30/massimo-mini-truck-tractor-supply-price-fit/


1791312978893.png
 
New Boxster EV?
Yup with basically no camo minus some fascia stickers/etc. Overall not very exciting to look at but I am impressed with how low to the ground they got it, likely from a design that doesn't have the drivers sitting on top of a big battery pack but instead stacking them in the center and behind the driver.
 
Yup with basically no camo minus some fascia stickers/etc. Overall not very exciting to look at but I am impressed with how low to the ground they got it, likely from a design that doesn't have the drivers sitting on top of a big battery pack but instead stacking them in the center and behind the driver.
I'll admit if I'm wrong, but I don't see any way to make a lightweight, engaging car like the previous generations with an EV powertrain. Then again, I'm a manual purist with a preference for light sports cars. Sure, heavy cars post great numbers for "magazines", but they just don't have the feel.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard and J Alynn

180k reservations for harvester? That’s insane no wonder they are starting with EREV.

She seems very skeptical of scout and the entry price of sub 60k. And she also seems like non believer in that scout will come to market and be built. Very sad.
I didn't make it very far in her review - kind of annoying to listen to. Maybe I'll watch with no audio and closed captioning.
 
Design Leads the Charge with the 2028 Jaguar Type 01 Electric Sedan
This is a design I hate to love. Certain elements I think are genius but as a whole I just don’t know. And I think it needs more glass-even if spandex to hide parts. But then I look at some of the new Honda designs and they have too much junk in the trunk if that makes sense
 
4.5hrs - unless there is a hard ice storm, 350 mile range should make that in one charge. (60mph x 4.5 = 270 miles). Pay them to put in an RV outlet and carry a level 2 charger with you. I have about the same trip to our vacation rental. The only challenge for that is sometimes I have to do turn around trips - but there are 2 major (and numerous minor) fast charge stations in route that I already stop at each trip for bathroom breaks and snacks. When I take my LJ, I am already needing to get gas at them as well (tiny tank and terrible mileage).
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard and J Alynn
Love the wheels! Is the spacesuit included in this trim?
I'm constantly amazed (and as a cyber security guy - scared witless) with what AI comes up with. I asked AI to recreate the Martian scene with the Scout and this is what I got. I'd love to take credit for the wheels, but I can't. I only had to tell Gemini to fix the scale of the astronaut. The first attempt he would have been like 9' tall.