Extra, Extra....Read All About It!

  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

    Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

    How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

    Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

    So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.


    We are Scout Motors.
These Scout events are awesome as are the Scout concepts and Scout team. Getting to meet and talk to Scott, I mean Uncle Scottie :ROFLMAO: , and other team members at the Training Center opening was just as exciting as getting to see the concepts. It made the experience complete.
This was my first event and I look forward to the next! (hopefully a little closer to home this time!)
:)
 
  • Like
Reactions: bwdavis7 and cyure
Look at this Ionna station near Westpoint, GA. This is an EV rechargery done right. Look closer in the background. I believe that is the Kia plant that makes EVs. I would say that Ionna is playing smart and their prices is about half compared to Electrify America and Tesla. There is an Ionna near the BMW plant near Greenville as well. BMW is scheduled to begin producing the all electric iX5 by the end of 2026.

View attachment 18940
View attachment 18941
I think these are fantastic. I have not gotten a chance to charge at Ionna yet. I am carefully watching the iX5. Pretty interesting.
 
Look at this Ionna station near Westpoint, GA. This is an EV rechargery done right. Look closer in the background. I believe that is the Kia plant that makes EVs. I would say that Ionna is playing smart and their prices is about half compared to Electrify America and Tesla. There is an Ionna near the BMW plant near Greenville as well. BMW is scheduled to begin producing the all electric iX5 by the end of 2026.

View attachment 18940
View attachment 18941
Those Ionna stations like that look super nice. The car covering alone is worth a lot, but the pull-through bays are even sweeter. I wonder how a bathroom like that will be after a while if there's no attendant on site though.
 
Those Ionna stations like that look super nice. The car covering alone is worth a lot, but the pull-through bays are even sweeter. I wonder how a bathroom like that will be after a while if there's no attendant on site though.
These places need coffee shops and a smoothie/snack bar at least attached to them. Then the bathrooms would stay clean since there’s employees working.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard
maybe use your phone app to get a code?

Would maybe make sense.

Edited to add: After looking at their website it looks like the lounge versions at least do require you to use your phone to scan a QR which gives you 1 access. So yea, I could see them doing that for the bathrooms too.

These places need coffee shops and a smoothie/snack bar at least attached to them. Then the bathrooms would stay clean since there’s employees working.

Yea I saw they have some more "lounge"-like ones around. I would imagine that would be like you're thinking.
 
Last edited:
View attachment 18944
These are Labubu. This is just one example of how a Labubu might be used. This was also very much last year’s thing, but it’s a fine representation of a viral sensation. People of all ages went nuts for these. I know that there are people who still actively seek these out, but the initial feeding frenzy is over and done with.
Eeeew!
 
These Scout events are awesome as are the Scout concepts and Scout team. Getting to meet and talk to Scott, I mean Uncle Scottie :ROFLMAO: , and other team members at the Training Center opening was just as exciting as getting to see the concepts. It made the experience complete.
I offer this to @Jamie@ScoutMotors but having had the opportunity to talk to all the various Scout employees while getting hat signed -their stories of how they got where they are was probably the best part of my day at the event. We need more stories about them. Never knew how many started in architecture and changed to automotive or that a man with a degree in criminal justice now builds and modifies the prototypes alongside @CP1@scoutmotors. They are people in the end but some days need their stories told because they are rock stars to those of us with Scout history
 
These places need coffee shops and a smoothie/snack bar at least attached to them. Then the bathrooms would stay clean since there’s employees working.
I keep thinking that but then I realize they need employees too then the charge cost gets higher. To date we’ve been able to find a snake/food/potty source in less that a 20 minute walk so til you do that stuff, pay and return car is charged and you’ve gotten a stretch/break in from driving since it is mainly typical of a long drive scenario
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard
Would maybe make sense.

Edited to add: After looking at their website it looks like the lounge versions at least do require you to use your phone to scan a QR which gives you 1 access. So yea, I could see them doing that for the bathrooms too.
The QR code is nice idea. Should be set to only allow EV owners or charge account holders to use so it isn’t vandalized or mucked up by regular ICE drivers-would help support the EV community


Yea I saw they have some more "lounge"-like ones around. I would imagine that would be like you're thinking.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard
We (my wife, I'm just cheerleading) are currently working through leasing a new Volvo... it's miserable. I can't wait for DTC with Scout.

She sent a pretty detailed email with her requirements to a dozen dealerships and only half of them even bothered to read it. One guy reached out to her and said, verbatim, "I didn't read your email, what questions can I answer?"

I dunno man, it's in the email?
 
We (my wife, I'm just cheerleading) are currently working through leasing a new Volvo... it's miserable. I can't wait for DTC with Scout.

She sent a pretty detailed email with her requirements to a dozen dealerships and only half of them even bothered to read it. One guy reached out to her and said, verbatim, "I didn't read your email, what questions can I answer?"

I dunno man, it's in the email?
DTC! DTC! DTC!
Scout Motors (and some others) have the correct approach!!!