CYURE GOES TO NC!! 9/26/26

  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

    Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

    How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

    Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

    So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.


    We are Scout Motors.
It’s so hard to decide without seeing them. I wasn’t sure about bench or console seats and once I saw them both I was able to make my decision, console.

Then with the roof I just needed to see them.

I have a bunch of Mountainside pictures to post in the next couple days. Lots actually. Anyway, this sounds weird when I say it but I hope it makes sense. Mountainside is gorgeous, but she’s too pretty for me. I was a BMW girl for many, many years. My husband bought the Wrangler for himself and I took her over slowly and then once we moved to Illinois she was mine. I love the ruggedness and the confidence the Wrangler gives me in bad weather and driving over terrible roads or potholes.

The glass roof is beautiful, but I want rugged! To me the cabana roof just completes the “look and feel” of my preferred build.
I couldn't agree more! Coming from a Colorado ZR2, then Silverado Trail Boss, and then a Silverado ZR2 and going to my current Rivian R1T has been a bit of an adjustment. I too feel like it is too "pretty." I have all season tires and 22" wheels (came from the factory) and I feel like up here in the rust belt I need something more ... substantial? That may sound weird for those who don't live in it, but the winters where it actually winters are tough. It's cold, it's snowy, and it's icy for at least six months of the year. That beats our roads to smithereens. St. Paul (MN) is the worst for pot holes. I literally blew out a tire this spring when I hit a huge "pot" (more like a sink) hole that was invisible because it was just over the crest in the road. I'm still wrestling with the city and county about that. I'm seriously getting the Scout with the 35" tires in part so I can navigate these streets in a fashion that I feel is safe for me and my family. That and these new Scouts look awesome. Mostly that and the streets are an excuse to get 35" tires. :sneaky:
 
Tailgate…
I couldn't agree more! Coming from a Colorado ZR2, then Silverado Trail Boss, and then a Silverado ZR2 and going to my current Rivian R1T has been a bit of an adjustment. I too feel like it is too "pretty." I have all season tires and 22" wheels (came from the factory) and I feel like up here in the rust belt I need something more ... substantial? That may sound weird for those who don't live in it, but the winters where it actually winters are tough. It's cold, it's snowy, and it's icy for at least six months of the year. That beats our roads to smithereens. St. Paul (MN) is the worst for pot holes. I literally blew out a tire this spring when I hit a huge "pot" (more like a sink) hole that was invisible because it was just over the crest in the road. I'm still wrestling with the city and county about that. I'm seriously getting the Scout with the 35" tires in part so I can navigate these streets in a fashion that I feel is safe for me and my family. That and these new Scouts look awesome. Mostly that and the streets are an excuse to get 35" tires. :sneaky:
I get it. I have two kids who work in healthcare and they have to get to work even when the police department is telling people to stay off the road and I drive them in the Wrangler. I have 33” Duratracs and twice I have gotten screws in my tire and the tires are so beefy the screw didn’t even go all the way into the tire. The shops just pulled them out and said the inner tire was fine and I could be on my way. I need durable and I need confidence in my vehicle, so the Trail-Ready Scout is it for me.
 
We asked if we could get the back closed so we could get pictures of the tailgate with no tire. SM was kind enough to do that for us. So to close the back of Mountainside it’s just a two step process. Bottom section closes first.

IMG_0456.jpeg
 
Tailgate…
I get it. I have two kids who work in healthcare and they have to get to work even when the police department is telling people to stay off the road and I drive them in the Wrangler. I have 33” Duratracs and twice I have gotten screws in my tire and the tires are so beefy the screw didn’t even go all the way into the tire. The shops just pulled them out and said the inner tire was fine and I could be on my way. I need durable and I need confidence in my vehicle, so the Trail-Ready Scout is it for me.
Ah Duratracs. I had them previously and miss them something awful. Almost indestructable.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: maynard and cyure
This interior definitely has a more refined feel to it.

View attachment 18894View attachment 18895View attachment 18896
I really dig this interior. Love the leather color and love the fabric. I just don't know how practical it would be up here where I live. How dirty would that fabric get in the winter? Especially the oh-sh*t-strap. I've never seen one made with fabric before. I can't imagine how dirty that thing would get with just using it daily to get in and out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard and cyure
I really dig this interior. Love the leather color and love the fabric. I just don't know how practical it would be up here where I live. How dirty would that fabric get in the winter? Especially the oh-sh*t-strap. I've never seen one made with fabric before. I can't imagine how dirty that thing would get with just using it daily to get in and out.
Yeah I wouldn’t even want that as a strap on a purse, definitely not a car. Just me, design team showing what can be done, not what will be done.
 
Yay mechanical door handle!

View attachment 18913
Hey Cyure do you recall from SC when you sat in the Traveler if the door handle pulled outward or was it more like a passive entry handle that's fixed that sends a signal to the door latch to release? Tbh I like the design of the door handles but I would really like for them to be fixed and be more like a capacitive touch to open.
 
It’s so hard to decide without seeing them. I wasn’t sure about bench or console seats and once I saw them both I was able to make my decision, console.

Then with the roof I just needed to see them.

I have a bunch of Mountainside pictures to post in the next couple days. Lots actually. Anyway, this sounds weird when I say it but I hope it makes sense. Mountainside is gorgeous, but she’s too pretty for me. I was a BMW girl for many, many years. My husband bought the Wrangler for himself and I took her over slowly and then once we moved to Illinois she was mine. I love the ruggedness and the confidence the Wrangler gives me in bad weather and driving over terrible roads or potholes.

The glass roof is beautiful, but I want rugged! To me the cabana roof just completes the “look and feel” of my preferred build.
For me, what does it is the synergy among all of the patterns and textures. 🤩 It looks like the most perfect representation of a cozy winter cabin represented in a car interior. It is a living room inside of a car. I don’t much care for yet another black exterior (every car I’ve had since 2004 has been black or gunmetal gray and it’s boring and I want some goddamn color), but that interior is 👩‍🍳💋

P.S. — Imagining it as it would really look after the first heavy snow, which also means the first heavy-handed street salting, probably shatters the illusion of a gorgeous interior.
 
Last edited:
Hey Cyure do you recall from SC when you sat in the Traveler if the door handle pulled outward or was it more like a passive entry handle that's fixed that sends a signal to the door latch to release? Tbh I like the design of the door handles but I would really like for them to be fixed and be more like a capacitive touch to open.
My understanding is they are going to be mechanical, so I was assuming that meant a pull to open and if I’m recalling correctly that’s what they did. I really tried not to push or pull things because I didn’t want to break the $5 million car.

The concepts are a little different I think than the production models will be. For example when they opened the tailgate for us it’s not the regular button you would think to open. There were “hidden” buttons to open it. I saw how they started the vehicle to get it move. It’s not just push the button to start. The concepts are just a different beast.
 
My understanding is they are going to be mechanical, so I was assuming that meant a pull to open and if I’m recalling correctly that’s what they did. I really tried not to push or pull things because I didn’t want to break the $5 million car.

The concepts are a little different I think than the production models will be. For example when they opened the tailgate for us it’s not the regular button you would think to open. There were “hidden” buttons to open it. I saw how they started the vehicle to get it move. It’s not just push the button to start. The concepts are just a different beast.
Yeah I'm sure its too early to get any concrete details on something like that, and the concepts are just that, one off's.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard and cyure
When I used to look up VINs for classic Broncos, one of my favorite parts was being able to uncover the vehicle’s history. You could determine the drivetrain, original delivery location, factory, original color, front and rear axles, transmission, build month, and more.

I’m hoping Scout Motors goes to a similar level of detail with their VINs. It would be really cool to be able to decode your Scout and learn more about how and where it was built if you were to buy used in the future.
Can you post an example. Would love to see the idea of how the vin coding worked. Thanks
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard