If you could ask Scott Keogh one question….

  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

    Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

    How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

    Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

    So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.


    We are Scout Motors.
I’ve got a fun question in mind. I wonder what the overall thoughts are at Scout headquarters for revealing the vehicles so early given how far off production still is. Personally, I think they could have revealed the vehicles this fall (compared to Oct. 2024) and still have just as much interest and been able to minimize any “hype decay” with customers. Any thoughts?
I think there was some strategy behind how long before the launch Scout revealed the concepts. I wonder if needed to gauge interest to some extent. If you're going to build what turned out to be a $3 billion factory ($2 billion estimated) to build a specific vehicle, I think you need to be sure the interest is there. When they got so many reservations (@Jamie@ScoutMotors said it's 200K+ now), it was confirmation they were on the right track. I understand Scout started building the factory before the reveal, but it still had to be reassuring.

I hope this can offer some assurance. I'm a first-day reservation holder and as involved as I'm trying to be, even I have, at times, experienced "hype decay." Heck, it's been so long that I reserved my Scouts before I bought my current R1T and I'll be trading in the that with my purchase of the Traveler! I feel like we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We're supposed to be getting a visualizer on the website by the end of this year (2026) and that'll be fun and exciting. Then I'd guess 2027 will be filled with all sorts of fun news, confirmations, more ability to see them live, and then they'll start production. Next thing you know, customer deliveries in 2028! Second, this forum! I was really struggling with "hype decay" until a few months ago when I found this forum (didn't even know about it before!) It's been a life saver. People here are great and it's a great time! I can experience these events through them when I can't make it.
 
🤣-I have the same question, however, I would be surprised if it is given the roof real-estate available on the Terra. Fingers crossed!
That’s my concern but they do have the large glass roof in the Terra so popping that out for the cabana top would be a huge selling feature especially with ability for rear window to be lowered
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard
Yes, this would be a great open air experience with flowing wind in the hair of what's left of it!
I'll stick with the hard top. The only hair I'd have blowing in the breeze at this point is a rogue ear hair or an eyebrow hair that magically grew an inch overnight, and those would just piss me off in the breeze. Getting old is... what was I saying again?
 
  • Haha
Reactions: J Alynn and cyure
I'll stick with the hard top. The only hair I'd have blowing in the breeze at this point is a rogue ear hair or an eyebrow hair that magically grew an inch overnight, and those would just piss me off in the breeze. Getting old is... what was I saying again?
I truly hope an even/opportunity comes up where we meet in person 🤣