After the deliveries

  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

    Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

    How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

    Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

    So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.


    We are Scout Motors.

J Alynn

Scout Community Veteran
1st Year Member
Nov 14, 2022
14,240
31,727
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Was thinking tonight and pose the following. In 3 years once many buyers have their Scouts-what type of events should exist for the Scout Community. I’m not saying SM should necessarily fund them, but having experienced the reveal with so many great vintage Scouts and the excitement of the new vehicles as well as last weekend’s Harvester Event-what events would owners want to see? Or do you just want your vehicle then disappear off the community?
A new version of Harvesters in the Holler?-Maybe? What do you want to experience?
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard
Was thinking tonight and pose the following. In 3 years once many buyers have their Scouts-what type of events should exist for the Scout Community. I’m not saying SM should necessarily fund them, but having experienced the reveal with so many great vintage Scouts and the excitement of the new vehicles as well as last weekend’s Harvester Event-what events would owners want to see? Or do you just want your vehicle then disappear off the community?
A new version of Harvesters in the Holler?-Maybe? What do you want to experience?
I would love to see partially sponsored multi-day events like BMW MOA (Motorcycle Owners Association) rallies.
Scout would select a fairground or farm or race track infield and rent spots to vendors, set up local camping, and get hotels to give deals for blocks of rooms etc.
People from all over attending could buy/swap parts. There would be how-to workshops, day trips on local trails, special deals for attendees…
Scout Motors would show off their latest models and allow attendees to test drive them. There would be Scouts new and old in all forms…. Attendees would collect badges/patches for events they have traveled to…
We continue to be one big family!
Scout could one-up BMW and support a local Habitat for Humanity project that we could all help out on somewhere close to each event - giving back to the community as they like to do…
 
I would love to see partially sponsored multi-day events like BMW MOA (Motorcycle Owners Association) rallies.
Scout would select a fairground or farm or race track infield and rent spots to vendors, set up local camping, and get hotels to give deals for blocks of rooms etc.
People from all over attending could buy/swap parts. There would be how-to workshops, day trips on local trails, special deals for attendees…
Scout Motors would show off their latest models and allow attendees to test drive them. There would be Scouts new and old in all forms…. Attendees would collect badges/patches for events they have traveled to…
We continue to be one big family!
Scout could one-up BMW and support a local Habitat for Humanity project that we could all help out on somewhere close to each event - giving back to the community as they like to do…
I would gladly donate my time to something like this and nominate you @J Alynn as SOA (Scout Owners Association) president for the first term!
 
I would like to see like at the very least an annual meet up at the factory or training center. Maybe even do a Q&A sesh with the team or get some sneak peeks at what's coming next. I guess what I'm really trying to say is even after we get our Scout's I want to remain a part of Scout's growth and development like we are now. That's one of the main things I have loved about this company is how much they communicate and involve us in the creation of these incredible vehicles.
 
I'd err towards a format like the Hot Rod Power Tour where it's a road trip from whatever starting point to the factory for a big get-together with a number of cities/events scattered along the way. Some people only join for one or two events and a caravan in between, while others hit up all the events along the way, making an awesome road trip. With the founding member being in PA, maybe do an East Coast run from western NY to the factory in SC heading down I-81 or something more scenic than I-95/I-85, picking up whatever Scouts that want to join along the way. Doing some curated locations like Scout has been doing would be fun, especially if mixed in with some off-road experiences. Drivers not comfortable with taking their vehicles off-road can ride along with those that are, making friendships and bonds along the way. I can see food venues, small concerts, state parks, breweries, a ball game, off-roading, etc.

We used to do some fun rally runs through the mountains with a local MINI group, and same with an FJ/Toyota group. Often, we'd meet up at a place like a mall before having a rolling caravan to whatever destination was chosen. The Outer Banks was usually a fun trip!

DSCN2530_zpsfdac5538.JPG


DSCN2524_zps9ac27ca2.JPG
 
I'd err towards a format like the Hot Rod Power Tour where it's a road trip from whatever starting point to the factory for a big get-together with a number of cities/events scattered along the way. Some people only join for one or two events and a caravan in between, while others hit up all the events along the way, making an awesome road trip. With the founding member being in PA, maybe do an East Coast run from western NY to the factory in SC heading down I-81 or something more scenic than I-95/I-85, picking up whatever Scouts that want to join along the way. Doing some curated locations like Scout has been doing would be fun, especially if mixed in with some off-road experiences. Drivers not comfortable with taking their vehicles off-road can ride along with those that are, making friendships and bonds along the way. I can see food venues, small concerts, state parks, breweries, a ball game, off-roading, etc.

We used to do some fun rally runs through the mountains with a local MINI group, and same with an FJ/Toyota group. Often, we'd meet up at a place like a mall before having a rolling caravan to whatever destination was chosen. The Outer Banks was usually a fun trip!

View attachment 19022

View attachment 19023
Marylander here, could include the "Appalachia Road Trip" which travels through The Blue Ridge Parkway and could detour a bit through the Smoky Mountains, this would be gorgeous if you were to hit it peak season of Fall.
1790968221758.png
 
Marylander here, could include the "Appalachia Road Trip" which travels through The Blue Ridge Parkway and could detour a bit through the Smoky Mountains, this would be gorgeous if you were to hit it peak season of Fall.
View attachment 19025

I wouldn't mind hitting up Luray Caverns again on the north end of things! That whole route is full of great scenery, even if you're not hitting it at peak leaf season.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard
I would gladly donate my time to something like this and nominate you @J Alynn as SOA (Scout Owners Association) president for the first term!
We do need a leader, I second that nomination :). As a Bronco owner we have the "Quad State Bronco Club" which consists of Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland. I've yet to participate but you get a cool sticker and patch, do local meet ups and trail runs.
1790968548648.png
 
  • Love
Reactions: maynard
We do need a leader, I second that nomination :). As a Bronco owner we have the "Quad State Bronco Club" which consists of Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland. I've yet to participate but you get a cool sticker and patch, do local meet ups and trail runs.
View attachment 19026

Looks like the Bronco is trying to kick Maryland out of the club! :ROFLMAO:
 
I'd err towards a format like the Hot Rod Power Tour where it's a road trip from whatever starting point to the factory for a big get-together with a number of cities/events scattered along the way. Some people only join for one or two events and a caravan in between, while others hit up all the events along the way, making an awesome road trip. With the founding member being in PA, maybe do an East Coast run from western NY to the factory in SC heading down I-81 or something more scenic than I-95/I-85, picking up whatever Scouts that want to join along the way. Doing some curated locations like Scout has been doing would be fun, especially if mixed in with some off-road experiences. Drivers not comfortable with taking their vehicles off-road can ride along with those that are, making friendships and bonds along the way. I can see food venues, small concerts, state parks, breweries, a ball game, off-roading, etc.

We used to do some fun rally runs through the mountains with a local MINI group, and same with an FJ/Toyota group. Often, we'd meet up at a place like a mall before having a rolling caravan to whatever destination was chosen. The Outer Banks was usually a fun trip!

View attachment 19022

View attachment 19023
DAMN! That’s a HUGE turn out. That would be a cool event. Would have to catch people in MD as well. Having just gone to Charlotte I’d like a route that dips down nearly to the MD line before catching 81 because the PA portion sucks. Was an 8 hour adventure and the worst was the start of 81 near Carlisle down to MD/PA border
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard
Was thinking tonight and pose the following. In 3 years once many buyers have their Scouts-what type of events should exist for the Scout Community. I’m not saying SM should necessarily fund them, but having experienced the reveal with so many great vintage Scouts and the excitement of the new vehicles as well as last weekend’s Harvester Event-what events would owners want to see? Or do you just want your vehicle then disappear off the community?
A new version of Harvesters in the Holler?-Maybe? What do you want to experience?
They should take notes on MINI TAKES THE STATES. That BMW and Mini formed when mini came here
 
  • Like
Reactions: J Alynn