Loaded Traveler with Harvester?

  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

    Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

    How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

    Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

    So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.


    We are Scout Motors.
There is one surefire way to avoid paying early-adopter prices…
Exercise some self control and Don’t buy one of the first units.

😵‍💫

(Like I’m going to be able to do that.)
Good luck with that! :ROFLMAO: Whatever they come out with, I'm going to convince myself is my most perfect build every and if I could spec it out myself, I wouldn't have done anything differently. 🤷‍♂️
 
That’s the spirit. Sell out your soul early on. Been thinking the same thing 😀
My soul is already sold to the Scout devil! I keep haranguing my wife with all the Scout news. I told her yesterday she only has about a year and a half left and she rolled her eyes! :ROFLMAO: With as invested as I am with these things, there's no way I'm not getting whatever they have for sale at launch!
 
My real fear I guess is if things we are practically taking for granted will become significant add on's. Now I am more interested in the EV Traveler. But is the 350 mile range going to be only in an extended range version? Is the 4x4 only going to be as an option? Are there going to be multiple performance levels with the motors? While most upgrades don't cost the manufacturer all that much, a larger battery, a completely different front drive train (plus the electronics to power it) - those might have material costs.

Very tired now, and have been reading threads for 2 years. So I don't remember if those questions have already been answered. But it is easy to worry. The 40k Cyber Truck grew into an unobtainable 60k Cyber Truck - which turned into the 99k Cyber Beast, with a Founders edition hitting 120K.
 
Very tired now, and have been reading threads for 2 years. So I don't remember if those questions have already been answered. But it is easy to worry. The 40k Cyber Truck grew into an unobtainable 60k Cyber Truck - which turned into the 99k Cyber Beast, with a Founders edition hitting 120K.
I see Scout as far more like Rivian than Tesla - same for their leadership team. I would not make that comparison or even allude to something like that happening to Scout reservation holders. Bait & switch sales tactics are not for authentic brands looking to make their first handshake as a brand-new OEM with a brand new product. Scout would have a Rivian-like mutiny on their hands if that was the case.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cyure
My real fear I guess is if things we are practically taking for granted will become significant add on's. Now I am more interested in the EV Traveler. But is the 350 mile range going to be only in an extended range version? Is the 4x4 only going to be as an option? Are there going to be multiple performance levels with the motors? While most upgrades don't cost the manufacturer all that much, a larger battery, a completely different front drive train (plus the electronics to power it) - those might have material costs.

Very tired now, and have been reading threads for 2 years. So I don't remember if those questions have already been answered. But it is easy to worry. The 40k Cyber Truck grew into an unobtainable 60k Cyber Truck - which turned into the 99k Cyber Beast, with a Founders edition hitting 120K.
They have said from day 1 all scouts are capable for adventuring so I have to think they will all be 4x4. As for battery I presume one range for all but that has yet to be confirmed by SM
 
  • Like
Reactions: Scout_Lookout
It is easy to assume, and honestly for most of the last 2 years I have as well. I like to assume the best. But I try to understand businesses - If costs have gone up substantially, I can not rule out a neutered version to hit the original price point to save face (especially when some have already all but begged for a stripped version to lower the price point).
 
  • Like
Reactions: J Alynn
It is easy to assume, and honestly for most of the last 2 years I have as well. I like to assume the best. But I try to understand businesses - If costs have gone up substantially, I can not rule out a neutered version to hit the original price point to save face (especially when some have already all but begged for a stripped version to lower the price point).
I understand your concern and though I hadn't thought of it before, it certainly makes sense. Heck, Rivian is doing that with its R2, right? They promised what, a $40K starting price, and they can't obtain that without making it a RWD version. I honestly would be shocked if that's what Scout did here. They've marketed this thing as adventure ready. I can't see how they can do that without 4x4.
 
well the average car payment is now almost 800 bucks, so 100k seems about right for a loaded Scout,just hope they have a shit ton of options to choose from like Porsche does.....
 
My soul is already sold to the Scout devil! I keep haranguing my wife with all the Scout news. I told her yesterday she only has about a year and a half left and she rolled her eyes! :ROFLMAO: With as invested as I am with these things, there's no way I'm not getting whatever they have for sale at launch!
Your paragraph describes me!

;-)
 
Agree! 100%. I know that Scout says starts under $60K, but I can't see the initial offering being anywhere close to that. I'm sure it will be eventually, but car manufacturers make more money on their higher priced models and out of the gate, start ups need to recapture all the money they plunked down to bring the vehicle to market. I also doubt the initial offering will be ala carte. I bet they have a couple (maybe three?) trims to choose from with minor alterations (maybe the interior and wheels and tires) and four or five colors. If I had to guess now, I'd guess the trims will be something like Mountainside, Pacific Mist, and the Off Road ready one. I'm sure it'll be getter as we go along, but that's my guess as to launch.
I'm thinking they will try to package an entry level at around $58K, mid at around $65K - 69K and then the sky is the limit which I'll be retired by then and not even think about it.
 
Sorry add: Spare tire, storage container that replaces spare and Trailer package.
That is essentially what I’m looking to purchase too. I don’t know where to start (except at the base price) but I’m budgeting about $100K and will be pleasantly surprised when (if) it comes in lower than that. ICE equivalents from Jeep and Lexus are probably running north of $85K already. I just want my Scout…
 
That is essentially what I’m looking to purchase too. I don’t know where to start (except at the base price) but I’m budgeting about $100K and will be pleasantly surprised when (if) it comes in lower than that. ICE equivalents from Jeep and Lexus are probably running north of $85K already. I just want my Scout…
Welcome to the community!
I think you are correct and I’m hoping that the DTC sales model enables Scout to pleasantly surprise us with final pricing…
 
  • Like
Reactions: Broverlander
That is essentially what I’m looking to purchase too. I don’t know where to start (except at the base price) but I’m budgeting about $100K and will be pleasantly surprised when (if) it comes in lower than that. ICE equivalents from Jeep and Lexus are probably running north of $85K already. I just want my Scout…
Welcome to the community. Enjoy the ride
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard