How would you build your Scout?

  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

    Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

    How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

    Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

    So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.


    We are Scout Motors.
Quite a few people have made note of this and I think it may be a person to person thing. When boating I’ve gotten sea sick one or two times in my life and many times not. When steering boat I’m fine, but when a passenger is when I’ve had issues. With our RZ, believe it or not, we’ve had it 5+ months and I have yet to drive it-just a passenger princess. Never once have I felt any sense of nausea or sickness. I’ve even texted and been on phone not looking which sometimes causes motion sickness but nothing.
You might want to try another round or two and see. Wouldn’t want to invest that kind of money only to feel nauseous every time
Maybe rent an EV for a few days...
 
  • Like
Reactions: J Alynn and cyure
Good morning! I’m really considering the cabana roof. Yesterday I went to the Jeep dealer and drove a 2027 Wrangler with the Sky Active roof. It’s the closest thing to the cabana roof I can find. Then I drove a Mustang Mach E with a glass roof.

Couple observations. I drove with the roof open and windows closed and my hair was not blowing all around. The Jeep roof does not feel nearly as open as the Traveler cabana roof because you have a big bar behind your head that has speakers and such in it. I didn’t feel it was that much louder with the roof open or closed driving the vehicle.

Now the sales person I was with had worked for Ford for 4 years and she actually knew all about the Mach E and electric vehicles. That was nice. I drove a 2023 GT model with the glass roof. It also does not open, like the Traveler will not open. I really felt it was more for the back passengers as the glass didn’t come as far forward.

At this point I would say I’m 80 to 90% cabana.

Also, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but there’s a little part of me that’s saying if I’m going to keep her for a long time am I better off with a solid roof. Less to go wrong in the long run. The hubs and I aren’t getting any younger and he will be retiring. I’m really looking at my Scout as one of the last big car purchases we will be making.

Now, I have another question for you EV drivers. The sales person was very good and she showed me all the different modes. One pedal drive, auto hold, etc and explained it all. She had me try different options in the parking lot. I settled on one pedal drive with auto hold. Here’s my issue. As soon as I touched the gas and the car moved, instantly nauseous. Not terrible. I didn’t feel like I was going to throw up, but my stomach turned of that makes sense. The faster I went the better it was, but when I would slow down it would pick up. Has anyone else experienced that? If so, how long did it take to go away? It was not ideal.

Picture of the bar in the Jeep. The roof does not feel nearly as open due to this.

View attachment 19151
Well that's unfortunate. I have terrible inner ears and get car sick and sick on planes very easily (I have a prescription motion sickness patch that really helps). I've not this problem in my Rivian. We you the one driving and still felt sick? It happens to me at times when I'm a passenger but never while driving.

I love one pedal and it's my preferred driving mode. I posted on a different string with a screen I found in Kim Java's review of the Scouts and it may be possible to turn it off and turn creep on. Maybe. If so, that might help you.
 
Quite a few people have made note of this and I think it may be a person to person thing. When boating I’ve gotten sea sick one or two times in my life and many times not. When steering boat I’m fine, but when a passenger is when I’ve had issues. With our RZ, believe it or not, we’ve had it 5+ months and I have yet to drive it-just a passenger princess. Never once have I felt any sense of nausea or sickness. I’ve even texted and been on phone not looking which sometimes causes motion sickness but nothing.
You might want to try another round or two and see. Wouldn’t want to invest that kind of money only to feel nauseous every time
I was thinking the same thing. Try some different models too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard
Well that's unfortunate. I have terrible inner ears and get car sick and sick on planes very easily (I have a prescription motion sickness patch that really helps). I've not this problem in my Rivian. We you the one driving and still felt sick? It happens to me at times when I'm a passenger but never while driving.

I love one pedal and it's my preferred driving mode. I posted on a different string with a screen I found in Kim Java's review of the Scouts and it may be possible to turn it off and turn creep on. Maybe. If so, that might help you.
I was driving, I had it on auto hold, so no creep. I need to try creep and see if that makes a difference.

I’m going to go out and test drive an R2. When I went with my son he was the one driving and I was totally fine. No issue at all in the R2 as a passenger.

Lots to think about.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard
I was driving, I had it on auto hold, so no creep. I need to try creep and see if that makes a difference.

I’m going to go out and test drive an R2. When I went with my son he was the one driving and I was totally fine. No issue at all in the R2 as a passenger.

Lots to think about.
Hope you get it figured out
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard and cyure
Well, at this time next week, in accordance with what will have been my dead father’s dying wishes, I will now have seen the new Scouts in person. I’m not going to smuggle his ashes from home with me for the occasion or anything weird like that and be like LOOK @J Alynn I BROUGHT MY DAD’S CREMATED REMAINS WITH ME IN AN L.L. BEAN TOTE BAG, HA HA HA, LOOK HOW UNCOMFORTABLE I HAVE MADE THINGS or something like this.

I decided not to really make my mind up about much other than to be excited about this idea and about the compass because I’m mostly still enamored with the idea of being able to see these for my dad, who is not here to see them. 🥺 Our Scout was a big deal to him. We were so sad when the city towed/crushed Scoutsie, and I keep saying that I’ll go find photos and every time I intend to go fish around the photo drawer, I can’t bring myself to open it because I’m afraid I’ll run into things that will paralyze me with sadness. Grief stinks.

So…
  • Yellow makes sense because Scoutsie was originally yellow, but I’m open to something new.
  • I loved the Mountainside interior because it’s so cozy, but I have a feeling it’s going to be too rich for my blood.
  • I will gladly accept a modest interior, but if it will warm my butt on a chilly day, that will please me and my chilly butt. I was thinking about it today and I think once you’ve lived with an ass warmer in your car, you never want to be without one again.
  • The sunroof, I can take or leave. Replacing a leaking roof gasket sucks. Having no sunroof at all is boring. Cabana top… really need more details on how that works?
  • Oh, I absolutely love love love love love love love this idea of being able to chill small items/beverages in the arm rest. I hope that’s not a premium feature? 🥺 Cold beverages for beveryman? Does the proletarian not deserve a non-spoiled pound of delicious, thin-sliced Boar’s Head turkey from the deli on a hot summer’s day?
  • That’s all I got right now.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: nolen and cyure
Well, at this time next week, in accordance with what will have been my dead father’s dying wishes, I will now have seen the new Scouts in person. I’m not going to smuggle his ashes from home with me for the occasion or anything weird like that and be like LOOK @J Alynn I BROUGHT MY DAD’S CREMATED REMAINS WITH ME IN AN L.L. BEAN TOTE BAG, HA HA HA, LOOK HOW UNCOMFORTABLE I HAVE MADE THINGS or something like this.

I decided not to really make my mind up about much other than to be excited about this idea and about the compass because I’m mostly still enamored with the idea of being able to see these for my dad, who is not here to see them. 🥺 Our Scout was a big deal to him. We were so sad when the city towed/crushed Scoutsie, and I keep saying that I’ll go find photos and every time I intend to go fish around the photo drawer, I can’t bring myself to open it because I’m afraid I’ll run into things that will paralyze me with sadness. Grief stinks.

So…
  • Yellow makes sense because Scoutsie was originally yellow, but I’m open to something new.
  • I loved the Mountainside interior because it’s so cozy, but I have a feeling it’s going to be too rich for my blood.
  • I will gladly accept a modest interior, but if it will warm my butt on a chilly day, that will please me and my chilly butt. I was thinking about it today and I think once you’ve lived with an ass warmer in your car, you never want to be without one again.
  • The sunroof, I can take or leave. Replacing a leaking roof gasket sucks. Having no sunroof at all is boring. Cabana top… really need more details on how that works?
  • Oh, I absolutely love love love love love love love this idea of being able to chill small items/beverages in the arm rest. I hope that’s not a premium feature? 🥺 Cold beverages for beveryman? Does the proletarian not deserve a non-spoiled pound of delicious, thin-sliced Boar’s Head turkey from the deli on a hot summer’s day?
  • That’s all I got right now.
Oh Scoutsie I’m so glad you will be able to see them next weekend! I can’t wait to hear all about it. I’m sure your dad will be there with you in spirit cheering you on, as we all are!
 
Good morning! I’m really considering the cabana roof. Yesterday I went to the Jeep dealer and drove a 2027 Wrangler with the Sky Active roof. It’s the closest thing to the cabana roof I can find. Then I drove a Mustang Mach E with a glass roof.

Couple observations. I drove with the roof open and windows closed and my hair was not blowing all around. The Jeep roof does not feel nearly as open as the Traveler cabana roof because you have a big bar behind your head that has speakers and such in it. I didn’t feel it was that much louder with the roof open or closed driving the vehicle.

Now the sales person I was with had worked for Ford for 4 years and she actually knew all about the Mach E and electric vehicles. That was nice. I drove a 2023 GT model with the glass roof. It also does not open, like the Traveler will not open. I really felt it was more for the back passengers as the glass didn’t come as far forward.

At this point I would say I’m 80 to 90% cabana.

Also, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but there’s a little part of me that’s saying if I’m going to keep her for a long time am I better off with a solid roof. Less to go wrong in the long run. The hubs and I aren’t getting any younger and he will be retiring. I’m really looking at my Scout as one of the last big car purchases we will be making.

Now, I have another question for you EV drivers. The sales person was very good and she showed me all the different modes. One pedal drive, auto hold, etc and explained it all. She had me try different options in the parking lot. I settled on one pedal drive with auto hold. Here’s my issue. As soon as I touched the gas and the car moved, instantly nauseous. Not terrible. I didn’t feel like I was going to throw up, but my stomach turned of that makes sense. The faster I went the better it was, but when I would slow down it would pick up. Has anyone else experienced that? If so, how long did it take to go away? It was not ideal.

Picture of the bar in the Jeep. The roof does not feel nearly as open due to this.

View attachment 19151
Hey there. Romantically I’d love to have the cabana roof. Several giant things pop out.
A) How will that roof hold up in 6” of snow? 10”? 12”?
B) Heat retention. Will the cabana roof use more energy to keep the temp adequate.
C) Life span. With extreme weather swings in the north, at what point would that roof degrade?
 
  • Like
Reactions: cyure