Delivery impatience

  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

    Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

    How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

    Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

    So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.


    We are Scout Motors.

antdougherty

New member
Jan 29, 2026
1
0
What is the latest estimated delivery date? Looking at all of the new design details is driving me crazy! Previously hearing that delivery will be in 2028, I am curious if that is still true and when will we be able to start choosing our actual options, colors, etc.
 
Welcome to the community!

Scout hasn't confirmed anything except production to start in late 2027 and deliveries in 2028. My own guess is that we'll start seeing actual trucks rolling off the line in late 2027 and we'll start getting deliveries in Q2. I'm planning for June, but I sure would like it earlier. Of course I'll probably get the e-mail while I'm out of the country or something. :cautious:
 
What is the latest estimated delivery date? Looking at all of the new design details is driving me crazy! Previously hearing that delivery will be in 2028, I am curious if that is still true and when will we be able to start choosing our actual options, colors, etc.
I feel your anxiety. The “visualizer” tool is supposedly coming late this year. The “Configurator” closer to production.
 
What is the latest estimated delivery date? Looking at all of the new design details is driving me crazy! Previously hearing that delivery will be in 2028, I am curious if that is still true and when will we be able to start choosing our actual options, colors, etc.
It’s also dependent upon what you ordered and when. The story goes that if you ordered a Harvester Traveler, you’re apt to get that sooner because that’s been the most-ordered thing. Scout hasn’t released numbers, anyone who says that they know numbers or have heard numbers is full of hooey. The numbers we get when we make reservations don’t mean anything in terms of where we are in the reservation queue.

Above all, take any dates that aren’t on the Scout website or in a real, authenticated e-mail to you from Scout Motors or didn’t come from a real person working for Scout (like Jamie@ScoutMotors who is an actual Scout Motors employee and not someone who merely aspires to work there with his whole heart and soul) as a load of hooey.
 
What is the latest estimated delivery date? Looking at all of the new design details is driving me crazy! Previously hearing that delivery will be in 2028, I am curious if that is still true and when will we be able to start choosing our actual options, colors, etc.
Welcome!
And as a particular someone very popular on this forum says…
“Faith and Patience”!
 
  • Love
Reactions: cyure
What is the latest estimated delivery date? Looking at all of the new design details is driving me crazy! Previously hearing that delivery will be in 2028, I am curious if that is still true and when will we be able to start choosing our actual options, colors, etc.
Welcome to the forum. I did see a post on here it won’t be 2032!
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard and cyure
Honestly, I think vehicles are supposed to be rolling off the line late this year - but those are for testing (and honestly, testing is probably ongoing already - and initial test mules probably will not be fully completed vehicles). Production vehicles are late next year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maynard
Im considering the reservation numbers, 160,000 total; 70% of those are Travelers = 112,000. Those are priority builds. AI (for lack of a better source) reports Scout Motors will be able to crank out 16,667 vehicles per month; if you figure those numbers, Traveler reservations will be 7 months out from production day. Same ballpark, lol - I FEEL you tho!
 
Im considering the reservation numbers, 160,000 total; 70% of those are Travelers = 112,000. Those are priority builds. AI (for lack of a better source) reports Scout Motors will be able to crank out 16,667 vehicles per month; if you figure those numbers, Traveler reservations will be 7 months out from production day. Same ballpark, lol - I FEEL you tho!
Just FYI that AI number is when the factory is at full capacity. They aren’t going to start at full capacity right out of the gate. They have to get into the swing of things so to speak and aren’t starting right out of the gate with everything that will eventually be available. I’m anxious to get mine too, but I’m cleared eyed that to get my perfect build it may take a bit.
 
Honestly, I think vehicles are supposed to be rolling off the line late this year - but those are for testing (and honestly, testing is probably ongoing already - and initial test mules probably will not be fully completed vehicles). Production vehicles are late next year.
I think we will be hearing more about this in coming weeks/months. There were some things implied as off the record but best I can share. But it sounded “good”
 
Im considering the reservation numbers, 160,000 total; 70% of those are Travelers = 112,000. Those are priority builds. AI (for lack of a better source) reports Scout Motors will be able to crank out 16,667 vehicles per month; if you figure those numbers, Traveler reservations will be 7 months out from production day. Same ballpark, lol - I FEEL you tho!
And sadly-I think res count is closer to 180K
 
Reservation count is a soft number. What will matter more is conversion rate. But I would be completely shocked if Scout is not building their production line to allow them to easily switch between all 4 versions. My WAG is that Scout will be considering conversion rates, brand imaging and other factors (such as parts supply line availability) more than reservation numbers when deciding on their production mix.
 
Reservation count is a soft number. What will matter more is conversion rate. But I would be completely shocked if Scout is not building their production line to allow them to easily switch between all 4 versions. My WAG is that Scout will be considering conversion rates, brand imaging and other factors (such as parts supply line availability) more than reservation numbers when deciding on their production mix.
I agree 100% on conversion rate. I can't imagine that rate is anywhere close to 100%. Many people who will have to wait for their desired build might just move on. Or like me. I have to imagine though that Scout won't switch between all 4 versions until the conversion rate on the Traveler Harvester is all--or close to--used up. I mean, if they can't make the Traveler Harvester fast enough to keep up with reservations, it would seem less profitable to switch the lines--and lose production time--to a model that has less in the queue.
 
I wonder as the EREVs start rolling out, if those that are on the fence with EREV vs BEV when they are notified, how many will change their reservations? And just the opposite, those that have BEV reservations and just can't handle the wait and decide to go EREV. Since there is no penalty for changing the reservations, I can see those numbers being very dynamic as Scout gets closer to production and prospective buyers look harder at their choices. How many made initial reservations and aren't really following the Scout development? I see quite a bit of misinformation about Scout in other social media (surprise, surprise), so how many reservations were made or dropped related to bad info? How many reservations may change due to politics or the price of oil or electricity (data center demands) at the time of production?

I am aware all of these are rhetorical questions and we'll have to have "faith and patience" until time will present the playbook. It's just things that occur to me as we wait. Somewhere back in this forum, @Jamie@ScoutMotors or another Scout person mentioned that Scout Motors business plan was not dependent on things like federal incentives and such. So I am confident that Scout Motors can quickly adapt to the changing world and changing market as production begins.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cyure
I wonder as the EREVs start rolling out, if those that are on the fence with EREV vs BEV when they are notified, how many will change their reservations? And just the opposite, those that have BEV reservations and just can't handle the wait and decide to go EREV. Since there is no penalty for changing the reservations, I can see those numbers being very dynamic as Scout gets closer to production and prospective buyers look harder at their choices. How many made initial reservations and aren't really following the Scout development? I see quite a bit of misinformation about Scout in other social media (surprise, surprise), so how many reservations were made or dropped related to bad info? How many reservations may change due to politics or the price of oil or electricity (data center demands) at the time of production?
Also the price of the vehicles models themselves (Harvester vs BEV) could cause a huge swing in what people actually order.

On a random note, did we ever decide on a name for the BEV model? I guess technically the EREV is a Scout with Harvester option so the BEV is just a Scout?
 
Reservation count is a soft number. What will matter more is conversion rate. But I would be completely shocked if Scout is not building their production line to allow them to easily switch between all 4 versions. My WAG is that Scout will be considering conversion rates, brand imaging and other factors (such as parts supply line availability) more than reservation numbers when deciding on their production mix.
I hate AI, but I needed them to do the data pull.

First Year Production = Total Reservations X Traveler Ratio X Conversion Rate

Find total Traveler Reservations:

200,000 x 75% = 150,000 Traveler reservations
    • Apply the Pre-order Conversion Rate:
      Refundable $100 deposits generally convert to final sales at lower rates. Two common standard scenarios determine the total first-year production target:

Scenario A: Market Standard Conversion (Realistic Pull)
If you assume a typical automotive pre-order conversion rate of 20% to 25% (similar to historical data seen on standard refundable truck deposits):
    • At 20% conversion: 150,000 x 0.20 = 30,000 Scout Travelers produced.
    • At 25% conversion: 150,000 x 0.25 = 37,500 Scout Travelers produced.

Scenario B: Maximized Factory Production Ceiling
If your math model dictates fulfillment up to the plant's forecasted first-year production line limits:
    • The factory will cap output at its exact first-year threshold of 40,000 Scout Travelers. This equates to a 26.6% conversion rate of the initial pool.

Of course, this is AI, and all estimates, but, like Lloyd says, "So you're telling me there's a chance?"