Update?!?

  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

    Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

    How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

    Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

    So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.


    We are Scout Motors.
That’s great news. I however want information specifically to the vehicles. The website is overdue for a refresh with some new information.
 
That’s great news. I however want information specifically to the vehicles. The website is overdue for a refresh with some new information.
I would recommend stating what you want. Perhaps if available they will share but leaving it vague makes it hard for them to know what you want. I posted on the NC event but there were a couple “off the record” conversations with so many staff/team members being there and the few things I heard were very promising. It will sound like a broken record but to get to an event often leads to hearing tidbits in the off the record format so if and when they come around near you-make the journey-the experiences are very enlightening
 
I understand the marketing fatigue though I don't experience it myself thanks in large part to the folks on this forum. Scout had a difficult decision to make early on whether to show off prototypes and risk future "vaporware" accusations or to show off the beautiful vehicles and build brand loyalty while they scale up the company. I think they made the right call and proceded in the right way by engaging directly and openly with the community and by providing regular updates. But if social media is your only touch point alongside click bait articles then fatigue is pretty much gauranteed by this point. Social media is tough because hype cycles are so short. Scout wants/needs to stay relevant there but that crowd is fickle and at some point the scrollers are going to wonder why no vehicle after 2+ years. That's a lot of marketing time without a product. If these folks only knew the true speed at which Scout is moving, factories and supplier park built, training center up and running, mules engaged in millions of miles of testing, design and engineering finalizing and ramping towards prototype sheet metal in the coming months. That's a ton of workin that timeframe. Scout is booking right now ... but people want their vehicles yesterday. I get it and am thankful I found this commmunity so we can focus on any number of Scout related topics other than start of production. Seriously pretty much any other topic is avaiable here including your preferred Scout aroma. :) I might start a thread on what outfit I plan to wear while picking up my scout. Thinking jeans but I'm worried about color transfer to the seats. Glad I have a year or so to sort that out.
This is accurate. We know things are happening. Nobody’s being deceived or had. I think folks may come to expect deception and disappointment because of their other experiences, but I don’t feel like anyone has been trying to pull one over on us. I think, if anything, they’re just really busy right now. Stuff like a late website update being isn’t something that screams RED FLAG! to me so much as it suggests that they’re triaging the patients. Other things are being updated, like, oh, the page listing several special events with several sets of logistics. It means they’re busy.

I’m sure there’s a doctor out there willing to put someone in a medically-induced coma for the right price if they’re really tired of waiting and then they can wake up in 2028 and then they’re not waiting any more.
 
This is accurate. We know things are happening. Nobody’s being deceived or had. I think folks may come to expect deception and disappointment because of their other experiences, but I don’t feel like anyone has been trying to pull one over on us. I think, if anything, they’re just really busy right now. Stuff like a late website update being isn’t something that screams RED FLAG! to me so much as it suggests that they’re triaging the patients. Other things are being updated, like, oh, the page listing several special events with several sets of logistics. It means they’re busy.

I’m sure there’s a doctor out there willing to put someone in a medically-induced coma for the right price if they’re really tired of waiting and then they can wake up in 2028 and then they’re not waiting any more.
Probably safer than using the shovel from the back of the Terra tool chest 😉
 
Probably safer than using the shovel from the back of the Terra tool chest 😉
There's something about this time of year that triggers @J Alynn ... is it because Halloween is near? I mean, he starts inviting folks into his basement, explains how to fit bodies into frunks, etc. :oops::oops: :eek::eek:

That's OK buddy. I like the shovel idea! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
There's something about this time of year that triggers @J Alynn ... is it because Halloween is near? I mean, he starts inviting folks into his basement, explains how to fit bodies into frunks, etc. :oops::oops: :eek::eek:

That's OK buddy. I like the shovel idea! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Now that @cyure posted event pics the idea of convincing you all I’m a 12 year old girl is out! And I watch crime shows-serial killers follow patterns-not say @Scoutsie and I are, Buttttttt……. There needs to be consistency-all I’m saying!