Recent content by Gottesacker

  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

    Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

    How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

    Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

    So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.


    We are Scout Motors.
  1. Gottesacker

    First meal in your Scout

    You know, it's weird because I am neat and clean in certain respects. My work sites, my computer files, my general body care and whatnot... then when it comes to my garage and the truck, half the time it's just "Get it thrown in so I can go home" mode at the end of the day.
  2. Gottesacker

    Extra, Extra....Read All About It!

    BMW is hitting it out of the park with their latest I-series. I know the styling isn't everyone's cup o' tea, but the new i3 reminds me of the shark nose BMWs which were one of my favorites. If I were in the market for a luxury sedan, the i3 would be top of the list for me.
  3. Gottesacker

    Scout Traveler SUV Green Off-Road Concept

    There is that patent that was filed by them. Kind of a cool system being a bed extension and a step in one. https://community.scoutmotors.com/threads/scout-patents.7444/ https://carbuzz.com/patents-reveal-features-scout/
  4. Gottesacker

    CYURE GOES TO NC!! 9/26/26

  5. Gottesacker

    Extra, Extra....Read All About It!

    Would maybe make sense. Edited to add: After looking at their website it looks like the lounge versions at least do require you to use your phone to scan a QR which gives you 1 access. So yea, I could see them doing that for the bathrooms too. Yea I saw they have some more "lounge"-like ones...
  6. Gottesacker

    Extra, Extra....Read All About It!

    I knew I recognized him but for some reason couldn't place his face with a name!
  7. Gottesacker

    Extra, Extra....Read All About It!

    Those Ionna stations like that look super nice. The car covering alone is worth a lot, but the pull-through bays are even sweeter. I wonder how a bathroom like that will be after a while if there's no attendant on site though.
  8. Gottesacker

    Extra, Extra....Read All About It!

    Alright, but who's who here? Definitely know Scott Keogh and Cyure, lol.
  9. Gottesacker

    CYURE GOES TO NC!! 9/26/26

    Seconded on the love for the Terra. I would take that interior color combo (I love the hemp wood) and the exterior as-is.
  10. Gottesacker

    NC Charlotte Harvester event photos

    Ok, but mother of pearl would actually make for some pretty cool little accent areas. Definitely not in as large of quantity as the wood has been, but small areas could be pretty swanky.
  11. Gottesacker

    NC Charlotte Harvester event photos

    My understanding has been that the side lights will still be present, but there will be a plastic bezel around them to make production easier.
  12. Gottesacker

    Scout Traveler Concept with the Bench Seat - First Look

    That would be good to be able to retract. That's the only part of my current bench seat I don't like is that the headrest sticks out there for some strange reason.
  13. Gottesacker

    Scout Traveler Concept with the Bench Seat - First Look

    It's interesting just how different and yet similar to the bucket seat version the center is. I actually had to pull up a picture of the other Traveler interior to see what exactly was different. Obviously this is still concept stage, but I hope in the end the headrest (I'm pretty sure those...
  14. Gottesacker

    Poll- What have you Reserved... Let's get a small idea of the take rates.

    $6.99 for diesel is just diabolical. I feel for the OTR truckers... well, and the rest of us that will be absorbing those costs.